Are cube bikes any good these days?

Lexinoo

Sep 21, 2019
Cannock chase
Hi, looking to replace my 2019 canyon spectral on , but would prefer to buy local this time in case of problems.
Seen a cube stereo slx 160 hpc in a local shop. Carbon frame ,750wh battery ,Bosch motor,
Looks good to me for £3400.
Any known problems ,opinions, etc? Anything better around for that sort of money?
Thanks

IMG_20240106_155537.jpg IMG_20240106_155545.jpg

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Love my 2022 140sl. Well specced where it matters. I don’t think there’s much else better value at RRP. Only flaw I would say is the battery cover. Only other issues I’ve had is with the bosch battery.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Considering these were selling at £5k 18 months ago it's an absolute bargain and a great bike!

Spokesavers

Dec 20, 2022
Warrington UK
I have a Cube Stereo 160HPC Action Team and it's absolutely fantastic. Huge spec and I price matched it with Tredz when I bought Jan 2023 so have a look around. It might be too high spec for your requirements but I found that Cube offer fantastic value for what you get for your money so have a look at various models in their range as I am sure there will be something for you

20231210_150014.jpg

Hicksy 92

Nov 23, 2018
Stonesfield Oxfordshire
I had a 2020 cube action team , nice bike only trouble I had was the e13 cranks flexing and starting to touch the rear chain stay , my dealer swapped them out for cubes own cranks , the dealer has now dropped cube because they warranty back up was so poor , and I’ve heard the same from other dealers

Lexinoo

Sep 21, 2019
Cannock chase
Hmmm, that's not great news.
My Canyon has been fantastic, hasn't missed a beat but I want the next bike to be easy to get sorted locally should something go wrong with it.Sounds like this might not be the case with a cube then?
My mate has had a few levos from raceco and while he has had problems with them, raceco have been brilliant with the warranty and had him sorted out within a couple of hours!
Trek rails are another option, although I don't know anyone who owns one .

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
before getting into EMTBs my last analogue bike was a Cube Stereo and it proved to be very reliable and, for me at least, a good fit ( relatively short reach). I looked at Cube Stereo Hybrid Action Team which had a fantastic spec for its price and was available from a local LBS. Unfortunately I was put off after reading a number of reviews a bout its handling. I dont know if that is still the case....or if in fact it matters a great deal to some riders. Another factor which put me off was Cube's change to carbon rather than ally frames. I personally dislike the idea of carbon frames for MTB and also worried that at the low prices Cube was selling at the carbon frames would be "budget".
Everyone has different priorities so none of my reservations may apply to you...............and there is no doubt the pricing is very attractive, and I love the Action Team colour ways!!

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Had a 2021 140 hpc sl. Awesome bike. Now for sale.

Only issue I had was the display died. They replaced it in 24 hours under warranty.

Now have a 2023 140 hpc sl action team and love it.

Cube are great. The only reason I stick to the 140 is I prefer the 29” wheels. I wish they’d do the 160 with 29’s but proper bargain bikes for the level of kit and great warranty support

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire
I have a ‘22 140 SL that I have pimped to death. In fact, It’s basically an Action Team in a different colour way, now.

Brilliant bike. Deals with everything I can throw at it, and is nowhere near its limits. Reliable, rideable and good looking.

Personally, I have never had problems with the Batter Cover, either; once it is all properly adjusted I think it is actually quite a smart design.

Lovely bike and fantastic bargain….. do it!

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Amazing specs for that kind of money. These companies are probably so overstocked they are practically givng them away. A full suspension model usually runs another $1000 for most brands. Check out their similar model in FS. I bet it's only a $500 diffference now.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles