Bundesliga Players of the Past III

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Dead Fingers, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Carsten Kober

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Kober played in defense for HSV from 1987 to 1996. He played 6 seasons as a regular in the back, 2 as a parttimer and 1 as a reserve. He put in a total of 223 appearances in the Bundesliga in which he scored but once while getting carded 49 times with 46 of those cards being yellow(including 10 in 1991-92)and 3 being yellow/red. He probably deserves consideration for loyalty points as all of his seasons in the BL were spent with the same club.

2. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    More Carsten Kober Pics

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As per post title, more pics of Carsten Kober.

3. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Kober Pics, Again

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Another Kober pic threesome.

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Hi, Again, Squid

i have been busy over the past few weeks as well and my posting has been kept to a minimum. I am planning to move to the northeast of the US to further my university education. Well it's not a plan anymore it's going to happen next week. Anyway keep the pictures coming!

5. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Uwe Kober

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Uwe Kober(any relation to Carsten?)played in the Bundesliga in 1991-92 for Duisburg in midfield. He put in 12 league appearances scoring once but not getting booked. He was on the smaller side so he probably was well positioned in the MSV midfield. His play was not enough to save his club from relegation in 1992.

6. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    About Your Education Plans, Squid...

"I am planning to move to the northeast of the US to further my university education. Well it's not a plan anymore it's going to happen next week."

Where do you plan on attending school in the northeastern U.S.? Also, are you planning on going for a degree in soccer studies(actually, I'm just joking with that last one)?

7. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Another Uwe Kober Pic

[​IMG]

One more Uwe Kober pic which didn't fit into the last U. Kober post.

8. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Andrzej Kobylanski

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Polish striker(with Cologne)/midfielder(with Cottbus)Kobylanski played in the Bundesliga for Cologne from 1992 to October of 1993 and Cottbus from 2000 to 2003. Cologne only used him as a reserve while Cottbus made him a regular in the lineup for his first 2 seasons there and a parttimer for his last league campaign. In his 87 BL appearances he scored 8 goals and added 6 assists; he also picked up a dozen yellow cards along the way. Although he wasn't really tall he could have used a few more kgs on his frame. He couldn't do enough to save Cottbus from relegation in 2003.

9. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    More of Andrzej Kobylanski in Pictures

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

More Kobylanski pics.

10. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    A. Kobylanski One More Time

[​IMG]

One more Kobylanski pic.

11. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: About Your Education Plans, Squid...

ha ha, i wish actually but im too far into civil engineering for that. I will be going there to finish off my civil degree. I am going to be in upstate NY

12. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Benjamin Koch

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Koch was listed as a defender on the Schalke roster from 2000 to 2003 but was never used, either by Schalke or by any other Bundesliga club. He was borderline tall but 5 kgs or so underweight for his height.

13. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Using Your Degree

"I'm too far into civil engineering for that. I will be going there to finish off my civil degree."

Maybe, Squid, you can use your degree, once you get it, to build soccer stadiums.

14. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Back To Benjamin Koch

[​IMG]

One more Bejamin Koch photo.

15. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Using Your Degree

na, i am on the water and sewerage side. Lots to do with environmental engineering

16. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Harry Koch

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Harry Koch played in defense for Kaiserslautern in 1995-96 and from 1997 to 2003. Of his 7 seasons in the Bundesliga 6 were spent as a regular in the FCK back 4 and it would seem likely that only some major injury or other problem reduced his status in his other league campaign to that of a parttimer. Koch played in 187 BL contests in which he scored 17 goals and threw in 4 assists; he also got booked 28 times resulting in 26 yellow cards, 1 yellow/red card and 1 red card. He was somewhat tall but several kgs underweight for that height. He wasn't able to stop his club from being relegated in 1996 but he stayed with Lautern(loyalty points)and helped the club regain its place in the Bundesliga after only 1 season in the 2nd league.

17. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Other Building Possibilities

"Na, I am on the water and sewage side. Lots to do with environmental engineering."

In that case you can build the sewer lines connecting the stadium with the rest of the municipal plumbing system.

18. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Back To Harry Koch

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

More Harry Koch pics.

19. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    H. Koch, Again

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Another trio of pics for the books.

20. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Meinolf Koch

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Meinolf Koch played in defense(for most of his profi career)and midfield(for his last active season in the Bundesliga)with Dortmund from 1979 to 1985 with another season(1985-86)on the Borussia roster without any GPs. He spent 4 seasons as a regular in the Dortmund lineup, 1 as a parttimer and 1 more as a reserve. In 140 league appearances he scored 10 goals and got carded only 4 times(all yellow cards). He gets consideration for loyalty points for only playing in the Bundesliga with Dortmund.

21. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Michael Koch

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Michael Koch was listed on the HSV roster in 1990-91 as a striker for the club but he never got to play a single minute in Bundesliga competition. With that said, he was about 5 kgs too light for his marginally tall figure.

22. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Ronny Kockel

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Kockel was listed in 2004-05 on the Bielefeld roster as a backup goalkeeper but never was called upon to appear in a Bundesliga contest - not with Arminia and not with any other club in the league, not ever - . He had good size for a GK even if he never did get to make use of it.

23. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Other Building Possibilities

Lol, good plan, yes.

24. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Johan de Kock

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dutch defender Johan de Kock played for Schalke from 1996 to 2000 and was on the club's roster for 2000-01 but not used. He was a regular in the Gelsenkirchen club's lineup for his first 3 seasons there; perhaps a serious injury reduced his status to that of a seldom used reserve in his final season with the Royal Blues. In 83 Bundesliga matches he scored 6 goals and added an assist; he also got booked 15 times with all bookings resulting in yellow cards. As big as he was he still could easily have used 5 or so more kgs on his build. He was very much around when Schalke won the UEFA Cup in 1997.

25. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    More de Kock pics

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As per post title.